FormIt + Dynamo is Getting an Exciting Upgrade
About this change:
What this means for FormIt v16 users:
- Starting on January 21, 2019, Dynamo Customizer functionality in FormIt for Windows v16 will stop functioning, including:
- The Dynamo panel will no longer display your Dynamo files stored in the cloud.
- Editing parameters inside of Dynamo Groups will no longer result in updated geometry being received from the cloud.
- Dynamo-generated objects will continue to behave as standard FormIt geometry, but flexing Dynamo parameters will result in a connection error.
- If you want to disable the Dynamo Customizer interface in the Properties panel when editing a Dynamo Group, simply Ungroup the geometry, then Group it again.
A bright future for FormIt + Dynamo:
- FormIt v17 will be available in early 2019 and will feature a new, local Dynamo experience which will enable graph authoring and execution directly inside FormIt, using local Dynamo files.
- We are working hard to release v17 as close to the Customizer retirement date as possible.
- Stay tuned! We'll make an announcement when v17 is released, and will update this page with information about the new functionality when it's available.