What's New With FormIt + Revit
We have big plans for FormIt and Revit, but in the meantime, we're making small improvements to the current system.
Revit 2021.1 Improvements
- We've improved edge visibility consistency by ensuring that smoothed/hidden edges in FormIt remain hidden in Revit.
- We've improved material orientation consistency by ensuring that materials with custom scale/rotation overrides on FormIt faces will maintain those overrides in Revit.
- We've fixed several cases where converting FormIt geometry from Revit would fail or cause Revit to hang.
Revit 2020 and 2021.0 Improvements
- We've reorganized the Revit Add-In interface to better reveal the most commonly-used tools.
- We've reduced the install size by over 80%.
Materials Change + Supported Versions
- FormIt 2021 includes a performance improvement around Materials that causes a breaking change for the Revit Add-In:
- FormIt Groups now share Material texture data, which will drastically reduce FormIt file sizes and improve performance.
- We've made the necessary changes to keep Materials working in the Revit Add-In, for Revit 2020 and 2021 only.
- Converting FormIt 2021 files in older versions of Revit will result in loss of Material data.
- We highly recommend upgrading to Revit 2020 or 2021.