Transitioning from the FormIt Converter Add-In
FormIt + Revit 2022 and newer offer built-in synergy with no extra download required.
With these changes, the Add-In begins a transition. Learn how previous workflows have changed.
A New Way to Import AXM Files
Replacing the Import FormIt to RVT button in the Add-In is the ability to import FormIt (.AXM) files via the Import CAD tool in Revit's Insert tab.
In addition to being up to 30x faster, you'll find this workflow is generally more reliable, too. Along with this, some behaviors have changed:
Geometry on Import
- FormIt geometry imports as one import instance. FormIt categories no longer become Revit categories. We're working to address this in a future update.
- FormIt categories are currently used only for Energy Analysis.
- You no longer have to break up the model into smaller pieces - try sending an entire FormIt model at once!
- To import a FormIt model as separate imports, isolate parts of the model in FormIt and import each part as a separate .AXM file.
Materials on Import
- FormIt materials transfer better than ever to Revit and can be sorted in the Materials dialog.
- For workflows involving Mass Floors and By Face (Building Maker) tools, first import the FormIt model into a Revit Mass or Generic Model family, then load it into the project environment.
- Additionally, take advantage of a more fluid working by accessing the new 3D sketching environment for early stage design directly from Revit!
Changes to Revit Families
Continue to use Revit family content in FormIt by using the Convert RFA to FormIt button on Revit’s Add-Ins tab; there is no change to this workflow.
The Reload Families button has been removed as we work to provide a better experience.