One of my favorite features in FormIt is the uber-flexible Content Library. Read on, and download these examples.
The Content Library is a visual list of FormIt models ready to be dropped into your design. There are so many great uses for this feature, I wanted to cover a few, and illustrate how to do this yourself!
The Content Library is useful because you can...
- Start a new project fast with template basics like a material library, furniture library, and entourage library of trees, and people.
- Prepare a kit of parts for large scale planning and programming, then play with lego blocks and area.
- Play your very own game of Tetris when you need to clear your mind in the middle of a design.
How do I make a great Content Library?
- Define the structure of your library! Create and organize your folders by project, or by category, or both.
- Choose the visual style for the thumbnail preview. Display in color, or monotone, with shadows, and a dramatic camera angle, Zoom extents, then Save.
- Place your library in A360 drive /FormIt/Content to share between iPad, Web, and Windows. Or link a local library which will load faster.
Where can I get content REALLY fast?
- FormIt uses the Revit Add-in to convert Revit Families to FormIt, then you can place these in your Content Library.
- Browse the SketchUp Warehouse, find what you want and then import into FormIt for Windows, or convert with the Revit Add-in.
- Download some of the examples that I've listed above! Thanks for reading the whole blog post, you're welcome!